Delicious raw ‘Figgy Bites’ are a quick and easy recipe to make which will satisfy your sweet tooth and ease your PMS. Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, great for kids, what more could you want?!
What’s in this recipe and why is it going to ease my PMS?
* Almonds – these are high in protein and vitamin E and they are a great snack to keep your blood sugar stable in between meals. Keeping your blood sugar stable means that your moods will be much more even and you’ll have less PMS.
* Figs – I love the mild sweet taste of dried figs, and they are an excellent alternative to dates and other dried fruits. Figs are a good source of potassium, a mineral which helps to control blood pressure. They are also a great source of fibre.
Makes 16 yummy cookies
1/2 cup of almonds
1 cup of dried figs (make sure your figs don’t contain artificial preservatives)
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1. Simply blend all of the ingredients in the food processor until well mixed.
2. Taste the mixture, if you would like it to be less sweet, add a little more almonds. If you would like it sweeter, add a touch of raw agave nectar until you get it right for *you.*
3. Shape in to the desired shape, such as squares or balls.
Charlie’s Top Coaching Tip
* This recipe keeps well in the fridge, so make up a large batch for the coming month so that you don’t have to be caught out when sugar cravings strike.